School Breakfast & Lunch
FOOD SERVICE SEPTEMBER 2020
Since lunch will not be served during the instructional day, the Morris School District has arranged for meal distribution as follows below. There is no charge to students eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch. All other students may purchase a meal. No cash will be collected; payments can be made online at www.k12paymentcenter.com or by check mailed to your child’s school.
Preschool - Students attending in-person instruction on Monday and Tuesday
Students will receive a “Grab & Go” meal on Monday and Tuesday at dismissal, containing 1 breakfast and 1 lunch. Meals for Wednesday through Friday can be picked up on Wednesday according to the Virtual Students Meal Distribution schedule outlined below. The teacher must record on the roster each student who takes a meal. The rosters will be collected after dismissal for the meals to be entered into the POS system. Food Service will provide individually wrapped snacks for students eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch who cannot provide their own, to be consumed during the school day.
Preschool - Students attending in-person instruction on Wednesday and Thursday
Meals for Monday and Tuesday can be picked up on Monday according to the Virtual Students Meal Distribution schedule outlined below. Students will receive a “Grab & Go” meal on Wednesday and Thursday, containing an extra meal to supply for Friday. Wednesday meals will contain 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch, and Thursday meals will contain 1 breakfast and 2 lunches.The teacher must record on the roster each student who takes a meal. The rosters will be collected after dismissal for the meals to be entered into the POS system. Food Service will provide individually wrapped snacks for students eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch who cannot provide their own, to be consumed during the school day.
Virtual Students Meal Distribution
Students who are attending virtual instruction can pick up “Grab & Go” meals Monday and Wednesday. Monday meals will contain 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches; Wednesday meals will contain 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches. There will be two locations for pickup: Morristown High School (50 Early Street) will distribute meals from 12:30 PM -1:00 PM in the back of the building near the flagpole; Lafayette Learning Center (31 Hazel Street) will distribute meals from 12:45 PM-1:15 PM from the auditorium doors. Students or family members picking up meals for students must present an ID for scanning, which will be provided to the families.
Please contact Morris School District Food Services if you have any questions:
973-292-2000, Ext. 2111
Printable menus are available here:
For interactive menus as well as nutrition/allergen information, please follow the instructions below. These instructions will help you get started with our new FD Mealplanner web-based and mobile app.
Mobile users must download the free FDMealPlanner app. (IOS devices use the app store and Android devices the Google store)
No username or login is required for either platform to view data and menus; however, if you want to save data or preferences, you will need to create a username and password.
1. In the search bar, under FIND YOUR LOCATION, type in your district’s name (Morris) and click on the search icon. All schools in the Morris School District will appear.
2. Select the school name within Morris, then select the meal period. A pop up window will appear that says VIEW MENU, which is the terms and conditions agreement for viewing menus. Click the green VIEW MENU button to proceed. The school selected will now appear.
3. The default language is English. However, you can select another language to translate the menu from the top right corner.
4. To view nutritional or allergen information, simply click on any menu item. You can also rate the meal, leave comments or save the meal in your preferences (user login and password are required for saving data).
5. In addition to seeing one menu item, you can build a meal to see what an entire day's menu looks like. Click the orange BUILD A MEAL tab on the upper left side of the menu. Select a day from the date box. When the menu items appear in list format for the day selected, you can click the checkbox next to any menu item and the nutritional data and allergens will appear to the right. If you continue selecting multiple items, that data will add up so you can see the total as a cumulative for the meal you have built. You can click on the menu items directly to view the ingredient statement information.
6. To search for menu items while eliminating specific allergens or to use dietary preferences, use the ALLERGEN & DIETARY button. Items containing selected allergens will be struck through and ones with chosen dietary preferences will be highlighted. Once checked off, close the window using the X in the upper right corner.
Students who qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for free/reduced breakfast as well. Applications are available by clicking the button below. Please note that you do not have to print out the application if you complete it online; it will be electronically sent to the Board Office once completed. You may also complete an application using a computer in the main office of your child's school or request a paper application.
If you do not qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, please follow these procedures for purchasing school breakfast or lunch:
- Payment may be made in cash or check (payable to "Morris School District")
- Backpack an envelope with your child's name on it, marked "Food Services."
- Include your child's name in the memo line of your check.
- You may prepay for multiple breakfasts or lunches with one check or lump sum of money, which will then be deposited onto your child's food services account.
- Payment may also be made online (see link below to set up an online payment account); a small fee will be charged with each transaction. This is a secure and convenient way to make payments and keep your account up to date.